Zigbee Alliance Member
About Zigbee Technology
Zigbee is the only standards-based wireless technology designed to address the unique needs of low-cost, low-power wireless sensor and control networks in just about any market. Zigbee can be used almost anywhere, is easy to implement and needs little power to operate.
- Uses the 2.4 GHz radio frequency to deliver a variety of reliable and easy-to-use standards anywhere in the world.
- Provides green, low-power and open global wireless networking standards focused on monitoring, control and sensor applications.
- Allows products to run on harvested energy or batteries for years with its low-power wireless standards, making greener lifestyles possible.
- Uniquely connects dramatically different types of devices into a single network, allowing unprecedented control.
- Is simple to set up and can easily grow to meet needs and deliver years of maintenance-free use.
The zigbee certified program ensures that products built using zigbee standards function as expected and products from different manufacturers interoperate with each other. The certification of products is also a critical part of the Alliance’s standards development process. Unlike other standards organizations, the testing and certification of products is required before any zigbee standard is released for use. The zigbee certified process allows manufacturers to deliver a variety of products to customers of all types who can benefit from the simplicity of zigbee control. To learn more about the zigbee certified program, click here.
Zigbee Retail Services
Zigbee retail services is a new industry standard that helps retailers implement multiple components of the in-store environment on a single network. This holistic approach enables retailers reduce costs, increase efficiency and obtain information about customer shopping behavior for improving services. For shoppers, zigbee retail services helps enhance their shopping experience, saves time and money and gives them more control of their shopping experience.